Vintage Airplane Nursery

This amazing nursery with a vintage airplane theme was sent to us by Megan Ann Photography. The inspiration for the nursery design came from the aviator jacket hanging in the room, which belonged to baby Pierce’s grandfather, a Navy pilot. The vintage airplane models found throughout the nursery and red toy plane rocker are such perfect decor for the theme. The classic red and blue color palette paired with the rich wood furniture pulls it all together. The personalized mural, with Pierce’s name spelled out in the airplane’s trail, adds some touches of whimsy and fun. We love these lovely photos by Megan Ann Photography! See more in the gallery by clicking the link at the bottom of this post.

Photography: Megan Ann Photography

Comments

Brandy says:

too cute!

Clemens says:

I just love this! I’m looking for inspiration for my son’s 2nd birthday and this is just perfect!!

I <3 the name Pierce! My hubby & I already said that the middle name of our unborn child is going to be Pierce. Such a strong name. Love it!!

Clemens, we also recently posted an adorbale aviation themed birthday party featured here that might help! http://www.ontobaby.com/2011/02/airline-themed-birthday-party/

Melanie Readnour says:

Can you tell me what paint colors you used in the room. This is exactly what I’m wanting our nursery to look like! Love it!!

I LOVE this room. BUT, I LOVE the shot of the baby on the chair in the 2nd image. Gorgeous photography.

Meg says:

LOVE this nursery! Where is the bedding from? It looks like a pottery barn set I was looking at but I noticed the blanket on the chair had airplanes on it which I also thought was really cute! Do you know who makes it?

Crystal Leslie says:

I absolutely love this room! We just found out today we will be expecting a little boy this time. My husband and his family are big into aviation, so sure enough he wants to do the baby’s room airplanes. Where did you the personalized mural from? That is perfect!!

The room is beautiful!!

Crystal Leslie says:

OH I forgot to mention, I took a look at the link for a themed avaition party–LOVE IT!!! I will be taking notes!!

Kerri says:

Hello! Defiantly interested in this inspired nursery design. Is the name a decal or is that painted on?

To me it looks like the same as this decal:

Denisse says:

Hi!! This is just what I had in mind for our baby’s room! My husband is taking aviation classes and loves planes. he’s going to be daddy’s little co-pilot :-)

Do you mind sharing where you got the red retro airplane in the room? We were looking for one but haven’t been able to find one in our area. Or if you could share the make/model or who makes it that would be great.

Much love to you!! Looks like a beautiful family, excellent photography!!!

Alma says:

im so excited!! i think its really adorable! grandpa is an airplane pilot so its perfect for our new grand-babe,Cohen Dean.Grandpas co-pilot.His mom is also a pilot!!I would like to know the colors that you used!Also the blanket and the chair. Can you please share where you got it from??

Louise Oosthuizen says:

I absolutely love this room, especially the vintage airplanes hanging from the ceiling. Where can I buy them? Would love them for my little boy.

SARA says:

Beautiful room!!! My husband is a pilot in the US Navy and we are doing our son’s (due in June 2012) room with the aviation theme… we have his flight jacket, some model planes of the planes he flys and several other personal things.. BUT the room would be complete with the red plane that you have in your room… can you please tell me where you got this? I would appreciate it! Thanks!!

Shana says:

Does anyone know what color paint is on the wall? I love that blue!!!

alicia watson says:

Hi,
    where did you get the stencil from for the plane?

Carrie says:

Can you tell me where you got the stencil and crib bumper, crib skirt and sheets

jacinta gardner says:

Love your nursery, would love to know where you got the model vintage airplanes. Thanks:)

Jennifer says:

Hello. My husband loves airplanes and grew up building model airplanes with his dad and uncles, so it only seems appropriate for our nursery to be airplane themed for our son due in August. I prefer the vintage look. You did an excellent job! Where did you purchase the model airplanes?

[...] 1. Love these canvases of the world map. Definitely a DIY project! {found on Etsy} 2. Adorable mobile. {from mypilotstore.com} 3. I want a more “plain” bedding. Nothing too cutesy this time around. {from Pottery Barn Kids} 4. Love this mural of the world. Not sure how T would feel about me doing something like this. {credit} 5. Vintage airplane art. Love! I bet I can print pictures and frame them in inexpensive frames. 6. Super cute world traveler ABC art. {from Land of Nod} 7. Must have vintage planes! {credit} [...]

Lisa Heere says:

Hi there.. where will i find vintage aeoroplanes to hang on boys bedroom ceiling in south africa?

Thanks
    Lisa

Eva says:

Hi,
    I love this theme for a baby boy nursery. I am wondering if it’s possible to find out where the parents purchased the vintage model airplanes?
    Thanks,
    Eva

Heather Johnson says:

Found the pedal car!! http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.T122906.html

Erica says:

Hello Everyone, Did any of you find out the paint colors on the walls? I see a bunch of us have asked, but no response in regards to that. Thanks in advance!

Lindsey L. says:

Does anyone know where to get the super cute retro red plane. We want to do baby pics so badly since my hubbys a airplane mechanic. I can’t find it anywhere :( Please Help.

Lindsey L. says:

Yay Im so excited I just found the retro plane, You can get it at toys r us…it is 400 though :( http://www.toysrus.com/buy/pedal-cars/sky-king-pedal-airplane-3001rc-3230962

Suzanne says:

WHo is the vendor for the limited edition red airplane. I would like to purchase it for my grandson.

S M Ziehr says:

Where did you find / purchase the red plane with wheels from? The room is adorable and my daughter is married to a navy pilot… They are doing something similar.

Magali says:

could you tell me where did you get the vintage red airplane? thank you