Finley’s Colorful Eclectic Nursery

Photographer Carley Kay has a little girl, Finley, on the way, who will be coming home to this bright and lovely, eclectic nursery. Carley’s family lives in a 1930s Cape Cod home with a converted attic. With that comes a pitched ceiling and difficult angles, so the design for the nursery space had some challenges. Also, with a small budget, Carley maximized the funds with used pieces and reusing existing items. The end result is this super happy, colorful room that we know Finley is going to love!

Photography: Carley Kay Photography
Dresser, Crib: Craigslist finds
Pink sheet: Dwell Studio for Target
Curtains: Premier Prints fabric
Fabric Banner & La La Love You print: SparklePower
Gold picture frames: Goodwill and thrift stores
Bumper: Pottery Barn
Pillows: Pier 1 Imports
Bins on dresser and under desk, Lamp Shade, Frame on Desk: Target
Desk & Lamp: Thrift store finds
Purple Frame, Birds on Frame, Bird Prints: Hobby Lobby
Birds on a Wire print: LNZ art
You are my Sunshine print: the wheatfield
Hanging baby outfit: Baby Nay

Comments

Juliann says:

I LOVE the mix of patterns. WOW!!

andi says:

I ADORE this room. The mix of patterns and textures is lovely!

Belkis H. says:

love it all. what a happy place!

Miegan says:

Where is the rug from?

Megan Wright says:

Love!! Where is the iron crib from?

Meggy says:

Oh sooo cute! This room totally reminds me of an Anthro store or something. Love all the colors.

I’m getting ready to start my nursery mood board for baby boy on the ways! :)

Meggy from Chasing Davies

roro617 says:

Did I miss it? Where are the skirts from? Love them!

Thanks everyone for your comments! Miegan-rug from Target and now I saw it’s on clearance for like $9.98 or something crazy! Megan-I found the crib on craigslist….lucky! Roro617-the skirt was actually made by me using the white pottery barn (from my son’s nursery) skirt as the base. All those fabrics are actually duvet covers from Pottery Barn…haha…I just loved the prints so much so I bought them for fabric! We love how the nursery turned out and now we just need our little Finley here to make it complete! =)

Nisa says:

Thanks Carley! It looks wonderful. I especially love the orange trellis layer!

Moira says:

I LOVE this room! The different patterns and textures are so warm and whimsical! Well Done!

Amanda W says:

When did you buy the duvet covers at Pottery Barn?

Abbie says:

Too cute! I have a little Finley, as well… but it’s a he instead of a she. :) Love, love, love all of the fun pattern and color. I’ve always loved the floral print duvet from Pottery Barn. What a great idea to buy it for fabric!

I’m pretty sure this is my favorite nursery EVER (and I’ve seen a TON!) Your mix of patterns and colors is nothing short of brilliant, my dear. Well done!

Meri Cherry says:

I absolutely LOVE your mix of textiles, especially the skirt on the crib with the pink sheet and then the navy and white bumper. AMAZING. And the chevron curtains are fantastic. Well done!

Amy says:

That crib and bedding are to die for!! I have yellow chevron curtains just like those too, but I love how they look in the nursery! Just love the mix of bright colors. I sent you some link love in my latest post because I couldn’t stop ooing and ahhing! http://www.themombot.com/trends/2011/08/26/link-love-ive-got-baby-bug

Hali says:

Do you happen to know the name of the pottery barn duvet? I adore your nursery!

[...] I embarked on a bedskirt. This was my inspiration and I wanted to incoorporate many of the colors I have been using in the room. [...]

Amanda says:

I’ve been looking all over the web at nurseries, and this is still my favorite. :) We find out tomorrow whether we’re having a boy or a girl — and then it’s time to use this inspiration to start shopping!

Alexandra says:

Such a cute room! Very nice use of colors! :)

Amy V. says:

I love this nursery so much! Where did you find the hanging cabbage lamp? I would love to find one! :)

Eddie says:

Does anyone know the color of the wall? At first, it looks like a warm white…but then I feel like there’s a touch of pink in it.

Leigh says:

Would love to know all the paint color names…dresser, desk, walls…What a beautiful room…little Finley is one lucky girl!

Erica says:

Love the curtains. Is the chevron stripe the small, medium, or large one? Thanks!

[...] Nursery inspiriation image for the day from the blog, On to Baby. [...]

Julia says:

I am in love with this room, so much so that I would love to do something like this for myself. What color dis you paint the nursery? It’s a little difficult for me to tell by looking at the photo. Thank you so much!

[...] Incluso podemos usar la idea para decorar una colorida habitación. [...]

holly says:

Please discard this crib and do not put your precious child in it. It is not safe. The opening in the rails are too big and a saftey hazard. Research it! The slats should not be able to fit a soda can and I ca see that the head and foot board have a huge gap. Your baby can die.The is a problem with hand me downs and garage sales.

Robyn says:

Do you happen to know the name/ brand of the floral bedskirt and the orange and white bedskirt in the picture?

Carley says:

Just an update from some of the comments I’ve read. The walls are a bright white. They were painted over old paneling, but it’s a bright white. The orange and floral part of the skirt are from pottery barn duvets that I used. I have seen them online every now and then. Might still get lucky! The iron crib worked great for Finley and we are still using it. She is almost 17 months now. Her head can most definitely not fit through the rails. Not even close. But thank you for your concern! ;) If you have any questions about anything…feel free to email me: carleykay1@yahoo.com

[...] {you should take a look at all the pictures of this bright eclectic nursery at on to baby} [...]

[...] Featured on On to Baby [...]

Sarah says:

Where is the hanging lamp above the chair from? I love it!!