Feminine & Sophisticated Pink Nursery

This combo maternity and nursery photo shoot from Meg Perotti is full of loveliness! Mom-to-be Yelena of The Stylish Soiree wanted the maternity photos to be different and to really reflect her personality, but wasn’t connecting with the typical outdoor field sessions she found. So Yelena reached out to Meg Perotti, who she knew could capture her vision. It all fell into place when Yelena found the perfect pale pink chiffon gown (tip: instead of maternity wear, Yelena bought a regular dress a few sizes up!). Meg suggested taking the pictures in their recently renovated, fixer-upper home, which turned out to be the perfect choice.

The impending shoot inspired her to finish baby Audrey’s nursery for the photos, which as you can see is a perfectly pink, feminine, and sophisticated nursery. She used a mix of high and low to maximize their budget, with purchases from a variety of stores, including Restoration Hardware, Anthropologie, Ikea, and Overstock, combined with pieces from her old childhood bedroom. For a special touch, the bookcase and bookshelf from her youth were given visual interest by wallpapering them in the back. This is a fabulous idea you can use to easily put your stamp on what might otherwise be an ordinary piece of furniture. See so much more we did not have room for here in the full gallery.

Photography: Meg Perotti, Photographer
Nursery Items: Variety of stores, including Restoration Hardware, Anthropologie, Ikea, Overstock, and mom Yelena’s old childhood bedroom

Beach Bound by Kelly Moore
POSTED IN: Maternity, Real Nurseries

Comments

Absolutely precious! I love the subtle femininity as well as the vintage vibe!

Adrienne says:

Perfect.perfect! Adore the blue dress…any idea where it is from?

Congratulations Yelena! That baby nursery is absolutely stunning and so effortlessly chic. Loved seeing all the little details!

Priscilla says:

WOW! I’m in LOVE! That nursery is absolutely beautiful!

Kris says:

Wow this is darling, LOVVVEEE IT!

Belkis H. says:

OMG, this is sooo adorable! I love them alll!!!

Hands down my fave nursery to-date. This session is incredibly beautiful. LOVE!

Hi Adrienne – so sorry this response is a little late, but both dresses are BCBG. :) Hope this helps!

[...] These images and more about Yelena’s decor choices are on On To Baby today- check out the post! [...]

Kelly says:

Beautiful! Any idea where the zebra toy is from? I’ve been looking for it! thx

Danae Gamble says:

I adore the room. By any chance you remember where you purchased the rug? Thank you Danae

[...] On To Baby Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this [...]

Mary says:

Hello! Can you tell me what the color and brand of the wall color is? Love it!

Thank you all for the comments, sorry I didn’t follow up earlier… here are the answers:

@Kelly – I found the zebra at Pier 1, along with the cute gray owl. Super random find but I loved them and they were uber affordable too!

@Danae Gamble – The rug came from Overstock – I think they might still have it available too.

@Mary – The wall color is called “Beach Bound” and it is by Kelley Moore. I seriously painted 15 swatches on the wall and this was the perfect amount of pink/lavender/gray/taupe – I loved that you can’t quite pinpoint the color and it changes as the light changes.

Melissa says:

Did you make the lace drapes? Is your crib Bratt Decor?