Red and Blue Vintage Airplane Nursery

Once Kristy Dickerson found the airplane mobile for the nursery of baby August on the way, the rest was history! She wanted to design a nursery for her son that was visually stimulating, but still have clean lines. It was also important that the room would be lasting and could grow with him as he got older. She pulled it off so beautifully with this red and blue vintage airplane nursery. For a list of sources, check out the bottom of this post. To see all of the photos, visit the full gallery.

Photography: Kristy Dickerson Photography
Airplane Mobile: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child
Window Treatments and Bedding: Custom made with vintage airplane fabric from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child (taken from duvet cover)
Warm White Rug: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child
Planked Airplane Panels: Pottery Barn
Lamp on Side Table: Pottery Barn
Wood Gallery Frames: Pottery Barn
Blanket, changing pad cover, and red throw: Pottery Barn Kids
Black Crib, side table, and changing dresser: My Haven Collection by Young America
Globes, Brown bookshelves, books: Antique store finds
Baskets in bookshelf: Target
Metal planes on bookshelf: Hobby Lobby
Flying plane replica: A Room of Their Own

Comments

August is TWO weeks old today already! And I woke up to find his room featured on @ontobaby! YAY! http://t.co/KZFNDhMb

Neal says:

August is a lucky boy, and Kristy is a very talented mom!

@ashleegadd I thought you might get a kick out of this airplane nursery. love the mobile http://t.co/5DeE6TJL

Megan says:

congrats on your little one! Love the nursery! Where did you find the window treatments?

Sara Sills says:

Hi I was wondering where you got the curtains?! I happen to be doing the same theme in my sons room!

@schlep_star Here’s a nursery you’d like to sleep in: http://t.co/VpXsOj2V

Sarah says:

Where did you get the crib bumper from? Also, the drapes?

Sarah says:

Sara Sills, please let me know if you find any curtains like these. Also a bumper like this. We are also creating a nursery just like this for our baby boy. Thanks!

Elisha says:

I would like to know where you got the bumpers? thank you

Ashley says:

Hate to be redundant but where did you end up getting the window treatments from? I looove them and can’t seem to hunt them down. Thanks!!

Both the bedding and the window treatments were custom made for the space (those ceilings are quite tall!). She used fabric from taking apart a Restoration Hardware duvet cover as linked above in the credits.

Lisa says:

I lOVE THIS! Do you have a pattern number you used for the bedding?

Jenny says:

Love the room a lot! Very similar to what my husband and I are planning for our baby. We were interested to know where you bought the glider chair and foot rest from? Please let us know. Thank you

[...] that I wanted to do something a little different while I still have an opinion.  I found this link on Pinterest, and when Ryan saw it, declared that the inspiration for our son’s first [...]

[...] Red and Blue Vintage Airplane Nursery – On to BabyJan 19, 2012 … Baskets in bookshelf: Target Metal planes on bookshelf: Hobby Lobby Flying plane replica: A Room of Their Own. POSTED IN: Real Nurseries … [...]

Kami says:

Absolutely love the room! Where did you purchase the vintage airplane picture above the crib or was it custom made?

Jacy says:

Where did you find the crib bumper? Love the colors!

Jacy says:

where did you find the bumper?

[...] Visto aquí [...]

Anna says:

I love this room its so cute!!! I was wondering how big the room was?

Amani says:

This nursery is too cute! I love it!
    What size duvet was used to make the crib skirt?

Stephanie says:

I love this vintage airplane nursery. Where can I find the bedding?

Michelle says:

Love love love this nursery… Too bad I can’t find these items anymore! If anyone wants to sell theirs, contact me!! ;)

[...] Vintage Airplane Nursery [...]

Joy Blocker says:

love this design! Any ideas what color paint she used on the wall? Would love some direction on it-I love the colors!