Hudson’s Bright and Bold Nursery

Photographer Ariel Renae designed a bright and bold nursery space for her baby boy, Hudson, who is three weeks old in these sweet photos. Ariel opted for a vibrant color palette of turquoise, orange, and yellow to bring in the fun and playfulness, but mixed in several neutrals (white, tan, gray) to add an element of calm and peace to the space. In looking for decor for the room, Ariel had a hard time finding what she wanted. So of course the DIY route was the perfect solution. She designed all of the wall prints, and the bedding was handmade by a family friend with fabric Ariel found at a local hobby store. Using the DIY approach, she saved on costs, but also created a space that fit her vision. We also couldn’t resist sharing some of these adorable newborn and family shots! See all of the photos in the full gallery.

Photography and Posters: Ariel Renae Photography
Crib: Modo 3-in-1 by Babyletto
Bedding: Handmade by a family friend
Paint: Olympic Premium Green Seal Paint (colors are unknown)

Comments

I am so wanting a new born baby right now. This post is making me go into full blown baby fever. Beautiful nursey too…the bumper fabric is lovely

Just gorgeous and fun! Love the colors. I always go bright and bold in my own work as well, so I understand the need to stray from the pale green/tan/baby blue bandwagon. :)

ariel renae says:

Yay! So glad you guys wanted to share his nursery on here!!! Bright colors for the win! ;)

jayy says:

Ughh I soo wanted the bedding! It’s so hard finding different baby boy bedding!

Kelly McLean says:

I so love the color of the walls! I am wondering the color and brand? Thanks

Hi, Kelly! We asked about the paint, but unfortunately they no longer had the paint can and were unsure of the color. The brand is Olympic Premium Green Seal Paint, however.

Rachel says:

Where is this bedding from? I love it!

Hi, Rachel! A family friend handmade the bedding from fabric Hudson’s mom bought at a local hobby store.

Krystal says:

So beautiful! Love that first photo too!

franky says:

Hudson’s nursery is so adorable! Love that vibrant turquoise wall color, great choice!!

franky says:

What is the trend for nurseries for 2012 or this summer? any particular themes?

Jessica says:

I love this nursery and it just so happens that we are naming our boy due in October, Hudson. I am in love with the pictures on the wall…are these homemade or can I buy them somewhere?. Any info would help! thanks!!

Kea says:

Hey in know you said the bedding was handmade by a friend and the fabric was from a local craft store, but do you by any chance know the name of the craft store? Im obsessed with the colors and print!!

Ashley says:

I love this nursery! I am having twin boys in November and want to get some of the wall prints for our nursery. Where can I get them? Thank You!

Jenna says:

beautiful nursery! how did you make those pictures? They are too cool!

Jennifer says:

I love this nursery! Bright bold colors are the way to go compared to the traditional blue and red. We are having a boy in February and want to buy some of the wall prints for our nursery. Where can I get them? Thank You!

To all inquiring about the prints on the wall: The mom actually designed them herself! I do not know if they are for sale, but you could try contacting her for more info — her business website is linked in the post text as well as the credits at the bottom of the post. You can also find a lot of similar nursery prints with an Etsy search. Happy planning! :)

Rosa says:

Love this nursery

[...] SEE HUDSON’S NURSERY AND NEWBORN PHOTOS FEATURED ON ON TO BABY! [...]

Mollie says:

Where is the adorable bunny in the crib from? Love the colors and what an adorable baby boy!