On to Baby celebrates all things lovely for baby and mom, so of course we think Mother’s Day is pretty special. With Mother’s Day coming this Sunday, we wanted to give you a sweet idea to honor those wonderful moms out there. Start her Mother’s Day off right by preparing this yummy breakfast recipe of french toast with fresh berry sauce–an easy, delicious dish that looks pretty, too. On to Baby and Wedding Chicks co-founder Amy Squires whipped this up for us with a recipe from Caitlin Knoop.
PART 1: The Berry Sauce
Berry Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
3 cups mixed berries – blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
1) Melt the butter in a heavy medium skillet over high heat.
2) Mix in sugar.
3) Add berries.
4) Stir until sugar dissolves and berries are heated through, about 3 minutes.
PART 2: The French Toast
Ingredients for French Toast:
3-5 eggs (depending on how much you are making)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1) Slice desired amount of bread.
2) Combine eggs and vanilla extract in bowl, whisk until blended.
3) Dip bread in egg wash on both sides.
4) Fry until cooked, both sides.
5) Finish by sprinkling with powdered sugar and drizzling with berry sauce.
For an extra touch, add a pretty flower to the place setting, and include a sweet note or Mother’s Day card. Amber Moon of Pitbulls and Posies designed this cute card for us, which we’ll be sharing with you as a free printable later today!