Olive’s Nursery

Little Olive’s nursery is a delightful mix of old and new, with many sweet handmade and personal details. Olive’s mom, Laura Kackley of lark photography, started planning as soon as she knew a baby girl was on the way. With a home that is mostly gender-neutral, Laura was excited to finally have an opportunity to delve into the feminine side with her little girls room. The soft gray walls are the perfect backdrop for the white furniture and decor with happy pops of yellow, pink, peach, and mint. We are so charmed by the finished space! For more details about the planning process, read on for some info from Laura:

“I could not have done it without the help of my incredible sister and friends who custom made just about all the linens in the room and my husband who helped me paint. I promise you besides the crib just about everything in the room was painted or made. I used old frames from the antique shop my mom owned when I was a little girl, fabric and colors from my bedding as a baby, and many special gifts from loved ones. My mother-in-law made the quilt from scraps of quilts that were passed down in the family and had started to fall apart. The sweet little dress above the dresser was a find that my grandmother had been holding onto for years to give to the right little girl. My dear friend over at www.thelovelycupboard.com made my ribbon banner and another friend from www.lindsayletters.com made the pretty letters for me to paint in the yellow frame. In addition, she gifted me with the sister hot air balloon print that matches the one from her daughter’s room. I think my favorite find was the old palm olive ad. The top says “growing lovelier day by day”…I could not agree more!”

Photography: lark photography
Crib and Armoire: Babies R Us
Dresser, Rocker, Scale, Books, Vintage Toys and Wall Art: Antique shop finds
Rugs, Alice Print, Ruffle Pillow and Curtains: Urban Outfitters
Wool Bins & Mobile: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child
Linens and Pillows: Made by Olive’s aunt with vintage fabric
Frames: From Olive’s grandmother’s antique shop when her mother was a child
Dress: Family Heirloom
Knobs: Anthropologie
Ribbon Banner: Gift from a friend – DIY found here
Gold Lamp and Shelves: Spray painted plastic lamp from Ikea
Blue Lamp, Side Table, Ottoman and Hamper: Target
Wire Bins: Container Store, spray painted gold
Yellow frame pic: Banksy stencil from Etsy and Letters by Lindsay Letters
Quilt: Made by Olive’s grandmother with scraps from family quilts
Elephant Stuffed Animal: Made by friend
Stonington Gray HC-170 by Benjamin Moore
NURSERY COLOR TAGS: , , , , ,

Comments

oh my that is one of the sweetest little nurseries i’ve ever seen!!! love all of the details, just adorable!

Tara says:

So many pretty details! I love the colors and accent pieces.

Denise says:

What is that shade of gray called that is on the walls? It is so lovely!

laura says:

Thanks Denise, it is called Stonington Gray, No. HC-170, Benjamin Moore, benjaminmoore.com

Here is a link to my pinterest page that I used to keep all my ideas organized and it also has links to all the colors and etsy stuff:

Leah says:

There are just no words for this room. I am in love with it. You did an amazing job. It looks like you put so much thought and love into it. It’s the best room I’ve seen in my opinion. Congrats on your beautiful little girl.

Absolutely Adorable!! I love everything about this room! :)

Chrissy says:

This nursery is gorgeous!! I looked at target for the side table and blue lamp and can’t find them anywhere! Were they recent purchases? Thank you- lovely little room!

Kari says:

Love the room! We also have an Olive….. Olive Eloise to be exact.

Trish says:

I, too, am in love with the blue lamp!! I looked at Target and did not find it either. :(
    Love this room!!

[...] Pour terminer, une petite sélection d’objets trop chou trouvés sur Petit collage, The modern baby compagny et Fawn & forest, ainsi qu’une très jolie petite chambre à découvrir ici ! [...]

April says:

I love how it turned out! Do you happen to know what size the wire bins are that are used as storage above the changing table? The Container store has several sizes. THANK YOU!

Vicki Brereton says:

this is delightful, love the colours and vintage look

[...] for yourself. And brilliantly, Laura has included all the credits for items here. IMAGE: Lark Photography / On To Baby IMAGE: Lark Photography / On To Baby IMAGE: Lark Photography [...]

Rene says:

How do you get the changing pad to stay on the dresser?

[...] ontobaby.com via Kelsey on [...]

dresden says:

this nursery is perfect! so beautiful.

Jennifer says:

What color did you use for the dresser?

josephine says:

i.am.totally.in.love.with.this!!!!!

Kelly says:

Hi. I love what you did with the nursery! Can you let me know exactly where to find the wire baskets you used? I am looking at the container store website, but I can’t seem to find the exact ones.

Also, did you hang your scale from the ceiling or from an L bracket on the wall?

Thanks for the info. :)

Melissa says:

I love this!!! just wondering what size rug you bought for this room?

Thanks!

Sarah says:

Do you have any idea where you got the fabric from for the changing pad? Also, what color did you paint the dresser?

Naomi says:

Gorgeous. Love this nursery. The details are so well thought out.

Melissa Rager says:

I love the wire baskets. What is the name of the basket and size you used from the container store.

Thanks!

Lindsay says:

Love this beautiful nursery! Looked for this crib and armoire at Babies R Us and don’t see it. Do you know the name of the collection or brand? Thanks so much!

katie says:

Where is the changing pad cover from? Beautiful!!

Cerissa says:

What a sweet nursery! I know this is very late, but I was wondering if you could tell me the color of the paint on the little rocking chair. I absolutely LOVE it! Is it spray painted or hand painted? Anticipating our first girl after 4 boys and would love a little chair like this :)
    Thank you.

Jkluck says:

Do you know where your friend got the hot air balloon print?

Lyndsay says:

I adore everything about this nursery. EVERYTHING!

Kathleen says:

could you tell me the name of the crib? I looked on babies r us and can’t find it! thank you!

Helena says:

I imagine you may not look at this much as it was years ago, but I am interested in the wire basket style, name from container store, that you used.

natalie says:

where did the iron come from?

[...] sources from top to bottom: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / [...]

[...] Pastelowy pokoik w stylu vintage. Oryginalne przedmioty w kolorze mięty, piaskowej żółci i różu. Dziewczęca uroda takich wnętrz potrafi zaczarować i wprowadzić delikatny, wesoły klimat królestwa małej księżniczki. [...]

[...] La Viv Fabric | Katie Daisy Print | Origami Mobile | Olive’s Nursery | Solly [...]

Christa says:

Gorgeous job on the nursery! I found some similar wire baskets but am interested to know what you used to hang them. Thanks!

Rachel says:

I absolutely adore this nursery and it’s my inspiration for my little girl’s nursery. I was wondering, what paint was used on the walls? I’m looking to paint her room this weekend. Thanks!

This nursery is so gorgeous. Love all the colors and textures layered on one another. You can just feel the love pouring out. <3

Rosa Creasy says:

Do you know the name/brand of crib this is from babies r us? I’m in love with this crib and would love to purchase one

Rosa Creasy says:

Do you know the name/brand of the crib? I would love to order one.