Kate’s Lovely Yellow & Mint Green Nursery

This lovely yellow and mint green nursery for baby Kate all started with the palette. Kate’s mom Lynell of Threaded Together Photography chose to keep the wall color that was already present in the room, then added in the yellow, gray, and cream. She didn’t have a theme in mind, but wanted a good mix of both contemporary and vintage. Some wonderful vintage pieces include the dress form, adding such a sweet femininity to the space, and the charming milk glass light fixture. One fun idea is the cake stand used to display pretty decor. Love this idea! You can stop by the full gallery to see much more, including lots of super cute photos of sweet Kate.

Photography: Threaded Together Photography
Crib: Kalani by DaVinci
Curtains, Color Block Cushion, Mongolian Lamb Cushion, and Rug: West Elm
Closet Organizer and Storage Bench: Target, bench cushion recovered with fabric from JoAnns
Bee Mobile: Carter’s
Dutailier Glider, Dresser, Carter’s Bee Mobile, and Changing table by Delta: Craigslist finds
Paisley cushion: Pottery Barn Kids
Lambs and Piggy Bank: Andy’s from when he was a baby
Christening Gown: Andy’s Step-Mom’s from when she was a baby
Milk Glass Light Fixture, Most of the books, Sweater, Ice Cream Shop Chair, Body Form, and Yellow Dress: Vintage
Shelves, Clear Knobs on Dresser, “K” and “H” Knobs, First Year and other Frames: Hobby Lobby
Ubbi Diaper Pail: Purchased as gift from parents from Buy Buy Baby
Mint Green Jersey Crib Sheet: Diapers.com
Minky Dot Crib Bumper and Naked Boppy: Once Upon A Child
Banner and Runner: DIY
Pintuck Quilts: DIY from re-purposed white West Elm Duvet (Dye, Twine, and Batting from JoAnn’s)
Square Mirrors: Repainted from Home Goods
Clock: Restoration Hardware
Cake Stand: Mosser Glass

Comments

Cady says:

Love the K & H knobs! What a great find at Hobby Lobby.

Kris says:

Adorable! Love it all!

Jessica says:

What’s the paint color on the walls?

jaclynveezee says:

does anyone know the paint color? its sooooo lovely

jaclynveezee says:

does anyone know the paint color? its sooooo lovely. such a new twist on girly:)

Lynnell says:

Jaclyn – the paint is Sherwin Williams but I had them mix it from another brand’s paint chip. I can’t remember what it was though. I still have the can and on the top they wrote this mixture :
    B1 1+1
    G2 9-1
    Y3 4+4+4

Or if you really want me to I can paint a bit on a card and mail it to you so you can have it mixed to match.

Lynnell says:

correction, the last line is
    Y3 4+1+1

Daisy says:

Nice baby room , love it!

Andrea says:

What a girgeous room (and baby girl)! Lynnell, I would be forever grateful if you would send me a color swatch of the paint you used. I have been trying to find the perfect shade of mint but have had so much trouble. Most are too vibrant for us, but this works beautifully. Is there anyway you could do this for me? I’d be happy to cover postage.

Lynnell says:

No problem, you can send me your address by using the contact form on our blog: http://www.threadedtogetherblog.com and I will send that out.

aleka says:

adorable!!!but i have a qustion to make.how many days at week did you see the roon in this way?greetings from greece!

Kate says:

Would you mind sharing the color & brand of mint green paint in nursery?? Thanks so much!!

Kate says:

love this!! would you mind sharing brand and color of paint in the nursery? Thanks!

Lisa Valle says:

Beautiful!! Where did you find crib skirt??

Andrea says:

Thanks for sendng the paint chip!! I received it yesterday. I really appreciate it :)

Lynnell says:

I got the crib skirt from Etsy. It is neat, it ties onto the grid so you can adjust the length as you lower the mattress as the baby gets older. The etsy store is called boodybabiesbedding

Lisa Valle says:

Thank you so much!

Lisa Valle says:

Hi Lynnell!
    I’m in love with colors in this room, decided to use same palette! Was the minky dot bumper in white or ivory?? And where was the rug purchased?? Thanks Again!

Lynnell says:

Hello Lisa! The bumper is ivory ($7.50 secondhand) and the rug is west elm (now sold out in yellow but there are other rugs I considered but went with this for the sale price so I know there are great rugs out there.) There is an extensive list of my sources at the bottom of the nursery post on my blog at threadedtogetherblog.com

Katie says:

Hi there, the nursery is so soothing and pretty! Can you please let me know where did you get the floor lamp? Thanks in advance!

Lynnell says:

The lamp is Ikea and the shade is from Lowes

[...] Mint & yellow nursery decor featured on On to Baby, yellow and gray Pottery Barn Kids nursery, yellow toddler chair, soft and [...]

misti williamson says:

Love the nursery. I am curious where the pillows are from.

Lynnell says:

It says in the credits/sources section. The geometric and fuzzy ones are from West Elm. The paisley one is from Pottery Barn Kids. The green rose pillow is from Etsy. Thanks for the comment!

Natalie says:

Love everything about this nursery! I ended up using the wall color for mine and can’t get over how perfect the “mint” shade is! I used the formula you gave but noticed that one of the colors at Sherwin Williams is pretty much an exact match…it’s called “Mint Condition”. For any of those that want this great color but don’t want to mess with the formula ! :-)

Lynnell says:

Natali, so glad you were able to match it and love the color! I had a sherwin williams wheel at the time and didn’t see anything quite like the chip I had from Wall mart but maybe it wasn’t out at the time?? Anyway, glad you found a color people can easily replicate. Thanks for posting it here!

Kelly Phillips says:

Such a sweet color pallete. Love it! Can you share the paint color on the walls?

[...] Sunshine Yellow & Mint Green, more details by OnToBaby here [...]

molly says:

I was just wondering if you knew where you purchased the elephant? my friend love it and I would love to find one for her?
    thanks

Lynnell says:

I got the elephant at a toy store within Silver Dollar City in Missouri. I don’t remember the brand but I think it was part of some shaggy animal series.

molly says:

Thanks, that’s funny we are from Kansas city lol so random you were in Missouri, any chance there are numbers or a name on the tag? I looked up series and other plush animals but no luck, just checking sorry for hassle

Stacy Yates says:

I noticed you said you would mail a card with the paint of the room on it.

Could you do that for me? I called Sherwin Williams and told them the formulas you had listed and they sounded puzzled. So hopefully the card with the paint would help.

Thank you so much!

Pinnacle
    Attn: Stacy Yates
    3824 S. Boulevard St. Suite 200
    Edmond, OK 73013

Michelle kay says:

Hi, I love the yellow and mint green nursery, do you have the colour code for the green on the walls?

Amelia says:

I love the color combo. Do you know the name of the color on the wall?

VAl says:

I love the sign “heaven rejoiced” where did you get that? I looked through the comments to see if anyone asked that already but I did not see any comments about it.

Lynnell says:

That was a gift from my MIL. She probably purchased it from a little boutique in the small town she lives in. DD is asleep but if I remember to look at the back and it has a brand I will let you know.

[...] Simple and sophisticated, the pastel mint green and yellow nursery is grounded by a soothing taupe, similar to the Picture Me personalized growth chart. (On to Baby) [...]

Brenda says:

I love this. Thank you for sharing. One thing I do not see is the paint color and brand. Thanks!

[...] the nursery together. Here are a few of my favorite inspiration pictures. Images: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Have any of ya’ll decorated a nursery lately? I am having so much fun helping [...]