Soft, Neutral Nursery and Guest Bedroom

Soft, Neutral Nursery and Guest Room

Mom Melissa had a challenge on her hands. She wanted a calm, soothing space for their new baby girl to call home, but also needed the same room to serve as a shared guest bedroom. After reconfiguring the room several times, they finally came up with this simple, neutral nursery, perfect for their daughter as well as guests. Classic pieces, like the beautiful Restoration Hardware Baby & Child crib and lovely Pottery Barn Kids crib bedding, are mixed in with a few little handmade touches, from customized baby blocks to twine wrapped initals, both created by Melissa. You can see all of the photos submitted over in the full gallery.

Soft, Neutral Nursery and Guest Room

Soft, Neutral Nursery and Guest Room

Soft, Neutral Nursery and Guest Room

Soft, Neutral Nursery and Guest Room

Soft, Neutral Nursery and Guest Room

Crib: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child
Crib Bedding: Pottery Barn Kids
Canopy: Bed Bath & Beyond
Wall Shelf: Land of Nod
Armoire: Already owned by family
Personalized Blocks and Twine wrapped Initials: DIY by mom Melissa

Comments

Kris says:

Love the soft, neutral colors in this room… so soothing!

Melissa says:

Thank you for beautifully showcasing our nursery that we worked so hard to get just right for the given space. :)

maria says:

What is the brand and color name of the paint?

marielle says:

love the blocks!! how did you make them?

Melissa says:

Hi marielle!
    I actually have a step by step tutorial on my blog Fawn Over Baby.

Melissa says:

Maria,
    We used Valspar paint. I will have to see if we have any left in the garage. I will let you know!

Elizabeth says:

I love the simplicity of the nursery. The colors feel soft and warm. You did a wonderful job. I love it. What is the name of the wall color you used? I would love to do something like this.

Elizabeth and Maria, I believe the color was called “ice chocolate” I looked everywhere for it in the garage and can’t seem to find it. I’m guessing my husband gave it away. It’s by Valspar – I believe that was the name of it. We bought it at Lowes.

Ana Maria Jimenez says:

Would you send me this picture to my email, so I can show it to my daughter? she is having her first baby June 9, 2014.