If you have a unique setting available for an event you are planning, grab it! That’s just what photographer Alea Moore did for this charming, shabby chic baby shower for friend Kimberly that took place in a beautiful outdoor setting. Guests could dine and chat right next to a creek. Upon arrival, guests wrote words of encouragement directly into a calendar, giving the new family sweet notes to read all year long.
Alea and friends used a lot of creative elements for the rustic decor, like a painted door for the snack table, an old mantle that became the spot for gift opening, and a painter’s ladder used as a dessert display. Guests dined on a menu that included raspberries with chocolate, spinach cheese balls, and some of Kimberly’s favorite treats, while sipping some non-alcoholic “pregotinis”. The shower activities had plenty in store for guests, including:
• A onesie station, made easy and fun with a fun book of iron-on adhesives
• Guess the Baby’s birthday
• Creative stories about the couple’s pregnancy along with well wishes using Mad Libbs
• Pictures of the guests as children were pinned to a tree for a game of Guess Who
• A game of I Spy with a Polaroid camera
Guests went home with sweet mason jar favors filled with cake mix, so that they could create their own “bun in the oven” at home. To see more of this creekside baby shower, check out the full gallery.
Photography and Event Design: Alea Moore Photography